Contest Rules & Regulations
1. Contest entrants must be legal Ontario residents and at least 18 years of age at date of entry. Participation in any contest offered by the BIA constitutes the entrant’s compliance of these rules and regulations. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. Employees of the BIA, as well as Board members, are not eligible to participate in contests.
2. Entries submitted that include the following will not be considered:
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content
- Discriminatory, hateful or defamatory text
- Invasions of privacy of any person either directly or indirectly included in the contest entry
Content that qualifies as any of the criteria outlined above will be determined at the sole discretion of the BIA.
3. Contests that are not specific to social media will include a space for the entrant to fill in their phone number and email. First attempts to contact winners will be made by phone, and a follow-up by email may be attempted if determined necessary by the UpTown Waterloo BIA. Winners will be selected at random from the total number of entrants. Winners will be notified within 48 hours of being selected, and will have up to 21 days to claim their prize, beginning from the time they were first contacted. Winners will be contacted a total of three times; if no response is achieved upon the third attempt to contact, another winner will be selected. If a winner fails to claim their prize within 21 days of being selected, their entry will be forfeited and another winner will be selected, as determined at the sole discretion of the UpTown Waterloo BIA.
4. No prize may be exchanged, refunded, sold or transferred.
5. The UpTown Waterloo BIA is not responsible for any damage, loss or liability to the person or property involved in any contest entry, nor is the BIA responsible for any technical failures that may limit ability to participate in the contest or cause an entry not to be considered or included.
Social Media Contests
1. Entrants agree to have their submitted name (and photo submitted in photo contests) displayed on the UpTown Waterloo website and/or social media channels and used by UpTown Waterloo for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
2. Contestants may enter more than once; however, the use of multiple accounts to increase one entrant’s chances of winning is prohibited. All prizes will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the winning entry at the time of selection.
4. Winners identified on social media will be required to respond to private messages from the UpTown Waterloo BIA notifying them of their win. See no. 3 in the section above for more information about contacting winners.
5. #DiscoverUptown Social Media Contest: This contest, as introduced on mailer postcards delivered to various neighbourhoods in Waterloo Region in February 2017, will run until 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2017. Winning entries will be selected and contacted within 48 hours of January 6 2018.