Welcome back neighbour! Celebrating the old, discovering the new…. UpTown Waterloo has 460 unique businesses to serve you this holiday season as you search for that perfect last minute gift! #chooselocal
After parking at one of our six parking lots – many free for two hours – stroll along the newly updated, beautiful streets of Uptown and visit one or more of these UpTown businesses for locally made products:
- Button Factory Arts on Regina St. has a variety of locally made artwork
- The architectural award winning Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery has a variety of items by local artists, including pottery by Jason L’Abbe (whose studio is also Uptown on Dupont), stained glass, jewellery, greeting cards and more
- Charmed Flowers and Gifts at the corner of King St. and Erb St. has a number of bath products, jewellery and candles made right in the store! You can also find locally made soaps, cookies and chocolate too.
- Cobblestone Gallery has lots of pottery, unique cards and art made by local artisans
- Dana Shortt Gourmet + Gifts at Spurline Crossing sells “made on the premises” meals and specialty items like Reid’s chocolate, Four-All ice cream, Smile Tiger coffee and Abe Erb products
- Delirium in the Atrium designs and makes a lot of the clothing and throw pillows you see in the store
- At the Dutch Mill Flower Shop on Princess Street, you can purchase Esta Chocolates, Jan Fretz and Conscious Creations Art cards and photos
- The Futon Shop on King Street makes their own futon mattresses and covers and bean bag chairs too!
- Harmony across from Waterloo Public Square has hand-made pillows that can be personalized
- Located in The Shops at Waterloo Town Square, you’ll find Hearts & Flowers, where they sell sweet treats like Punk-E-Doodle, Esta and Reid’s chocolates
- Holistic Nutrition in the Bauer Marketplace carries many locally-made nutrition items
- New to Uptown Waterloo, Hustl+Flow on King Street sells Koko cards for the holidays and their partner Good Vibes Juice Co. offers fresh, locally pressed juices, smoothies and more
- At Just For You Fine Lingerie in The Shops at Waterloo Town Square, find Menomist, an all-natural menopause spray
- Kultrún Market on Regina Street has lots of locally made items from which to choose including: ice cream, chocolates, soaps, creams, candles, coffee and jewellery
- KW Professional Organizers published their book, A Recipe for an Extraordinary Life, locally by MacLellan Books (available for purchase on their website)
- Get in touch with inner peace at Modo Yoga Waterloo at the Spurline Crossing and purchase locally-made honey, jewellery and Good Vibes juice products
- At Ontario Seed Home Hardware, a longtime staple on King Street, you can purchase locally made maple syrup
- Drop in and pick up some beautiful art prints, greeting cards and oil painting at Paint by Munzy on King Street
- Incredible local artwork can be found at Paula White-Diamond Art Gallery at the Bauer Marketplace
- Sweet and savory baked goods with local ingredients and made locally in the shop can be found at Sabletine Fine Pasteries, located at King Street and John Street, including tourtieres, buche de Noel and holiday cookies
- The Truth Beauty Company on King Street carries lots of locally made creams, soaps and beauty products – perfect stocking stuffers!
- You will find Koko cards at Uni+Koncept, one of the newest additions to UpTown Waterloo found on Willis Way
- At Uptown Beauty Lounge they make their own eye make up remover/cleanser
- In The Shops at Waterloo Town Square, you will find beautiful locally made art at Uptown Gallery
And…. don’t forget to book your holiday lunch or dinner at one of our amazing Uptown restaurants or get “holiday-ready” at one of our 26 salons and spas! Check out all of our fantastic businesses by browsing our business directory here.