Faces & Places of Uptown Waterloo Photo contest
Attention photographers of all ages! This is a call for both professional and amateur photographers!
We want you to help celebrate the Uptown Waterloo BIA’s 50th Anniversary by submitting your favourite photos to our Faces & Places of Uptown Waterloo Contest.
It’s easy to participate!
Take/submit a photo of your favorite landmark, landscape, product, food item, or person in Uptown Waterloo or your family and friends visiting Uptown BIA Businesses (with their permission, of course). Submit your high res photo NOW EXTENDED until September 1, 2022 as an attachment to an email to email@example.com. Photos will then be adjudicated by a panel of community judges based on the criteria listed below. The winners will be notified via email as well as announced on all our social media platforms and media communications.
The Faces & Places of Uptown Waterloo Photo Contest will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for both Judge’s choice, and People’s choice:
- 1st prize: $150 Uptown Dollars and an Uptown Gift Basket
- 2nd prize: $100 Uptown Dollars
- 3rd prize: $50 Uptown Dollars
Official Rules & Regulations:
- Photographs can only be submitted via email and during our published call for submissions – April 5th to June 1st, 2022.
- Uptown Waterloo BIA’s photo contest is open to Canadian residents only.
- A limit of 2 photos will be accepted per photographer. Each photo must be submitted separately and come with a title.
- Photos must be original, taken by the entrant and depict a scene from within the boundaries of Uptown Waterloo.
- Photos must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and must be relevant to the contest.
- All submissions must be in JPEG format (resolution 300 DPI).
- Entries must be submitted to the Uptown BIA via email – no prints, copies or other formats will be accepted.
- With every digital photo submitted, please include your full name, a title and caption, location and any interesting facts about the photo that may not be otherwise obvious to the judges.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, the winning entrants agree to give the Uptown Waterloo BIA irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising / marketing / promotional materials and electronic media without any additional compensation.
- Entrants retain the right to utilize, publish or sell the photos they have submitted.
- Additionally, each entrant will grant permission to Uptown Waterloo BIA to contact them, using the contact information provided, regarding any matters related to the photograph they have submitted.
- If there are identifiable individuals in the photo, it is the entrants’ responsibility to obtain, prior to submission of the entry, a signed model release form. If any individual is under the age of 18, a signed model release form must have the signature of the individuals’ parent or legal guardian. Photos that are not accompanied by such release forms are ineligible.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court.
Prize Awards & Conditions
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Judge’s Choice
- People’s Choice (public voting) *Note that the People’s Choice category will be a shortlist selection of submissions selected by judges. Nominated photos will be shared via social media for public voting.
- Photos will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges, Peoples Choice via online voting and are reviewed without identifying information. Judging is to take place in June following the close of submissions.
- By entering this contest you agree to submit any required personal information and accept that information may be used in disclosing contest winners on our website and in other publications.
- Winners must be able to pick up their prize in person at the BIA office located inside Waterloo City Hall at 100 Regina Street South, Suite 160 – during regular business hours.
Contest Contact Information
Questions? Concerns? Trouble uploading photos? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org