Hand in Hand Program for Uptown Waterloo Businesses
The Hand in Hand program gives Uptown Waterloo businesses the opportunity to apply for extra funding – a maximum of $250 per business – to host events at their business.*
Working in closer partnership with businesses, the Uptown Waterloo BIA has a more direct hand in helping each business flourish and benefit from attracting clientele into the core.
Are you an Uptown Waterloo business?
The Hand in Hand program is available for Uptown Waterloo businesses only. After applying for Hand in Hand, your business will be notified of approval, and funding will be released once the Uptown BIA receives a final report within 30 days of your event. To apply, fill out the application form below.
- The Hand in Hand program is available for Uptown Waterloo BIA businesses only.
- To be eligible for funding, events must be open to the public and may not be used for personal gain.
- Hand in Hand cheques must be made out to the name of the business.
- The Uptown Waterloo BIA does not share the ideas or opinions expressed by the business or performer of your event.
- It is the responsibility of each business to organize and execute the event proposed. The sole mandate of the Hand in Hand Program is to subsidize the financial cost for the event.
- The Hand in Hand Program does not subsidize events retroactively; businesses must submit their proposal before the event to be considered.
- When submitting Hand in Hand applications please allow 3-4 weeks for approval.
- Applications received with less than the 3-4 weeks approval time frame are not guaranteed to receive funding before the event date.
- You will be sent an event survey after the date of your event and are responsible for completing it no later than 30 days after your event. The BIA reserves the right to defer delivery of your funding cheque until we receive a completed survey.
- Only applications that meet the above requirements will be considered.