August is like the Sunday of summer…
There are still a few days left of summer – get out there and enjoy them! Here are eight fun things to do UpTown while you still have vacation days, homework-free nights and a few bucks left in your pocket.
- Take your family out biking. The Iron Horse, Spurline, and Laurel trails all make their way into the UpTown core and you can try out our new, segregated bike lanes too!
- Get your “adult” on and check off items from your grocery list for that new summer recipe you’ve been meaning to try at one of our UpTown food stores
- Learn more about our fair city by strolling along the UpTown Loop – a series of three self-guided walking tours that feature UpTown Waterloo’s history, award-winning architecture (like the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery, CIGI and the Perimeter Institute) and other local points of interest
- Keep that summer glow going by indulging in one last trip to one of UpTown’s luxurious spas and salons
- Grab your kids and visit the farm animals and playgrounds at Waterloo Park and later cool off at Lions Lagoon
- Cash in on end of summer sales at one of over 90 retailers in UpTown Waterloo
- Check out one of the upcoming Festivals like the Sunlife Financial Waterloo Busker Carnival or sign up a team to participate in our annual UpTown Waterloo Great Oktoberfest Barrel Race
- Paint the town with your pals or partner – celebrate Summer 2018 with a new, cool tattoo and later hang out on a fabulous patio or go dancing at one of UpTown’s live music venues
There is lots to see and lots to do, in UpTown Waterloo!