- Official Holiday tree lighting with Santa
- In-store promotions and giveaways
- New Holiday artisan markets on Friday night and Saturday
- Live music and strolling, holiday-themed friends
November 25, 2022 – WATERLOO, ON – Looking for something to do next weekend? Uptown Waterloo’s Winter Wonderland, happening Friday, December 2nd until Sunday, December 4th, has it all!
Kick off your holiday celebrating at the annual tree lighting at Waterloo Public Square. “We have live music, our new Mayor and Uptown Councillor, Angie and Sarge from BOUNCE as emcees, and, most importantly, the big man in red himself will help us with the countdown,” shares Tracy Van Kalsbeek, Executive Director of the Uptown Waterloo Business Improvement Area.
Friday night also includes a new, Winter Wonderland artisan market found inside the Shops at Waterloo Town Square from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. “Over 40 local vendors* will be onsite Friday night as well as during the day on Saturday with great ideas for holiday gifting,” notes Van Kalsbeek.
Many of Uptown’s businesses are hosting special promotions as part of Winter Wonderland*. Adds Van Kalsbeek, “Supporting our main street businesses continues to be an important part of their economic recovery and we invite everyone to take advantage of the special promotions and giveaways being offered by our participating retailers, eateries, salons and stores.”
The Winter Wonderland Holiday market continues on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Holiday-themed characters handing our candy canes will be walking around Uptown throughout the day. You’ll find Santa making a return visit to stroll around the Waterloo Public Square from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. for children to share their holiday wish lists.
*A listing of market vendors and Uptown businesses with promotions can be found on the BIA’s website HERE.
Uptown’s Weekend Festivities:
- Friday, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Official tree lighting ceremony in Waterloo Public Square
- New Waterloo Mayor and new Ward 7 Councillor in attendance as well as emcees Angie and Sarge from BOUNCE
- Santa in attendance until 8:00 p.m.
- Live music until 9:00 p.m. with Just Fine – Uptown’s favourite jam band!
- Stilt walker juggling glow-in-the-dark balls
- Ice skating will be available (pending weather)
- Friday, 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: new this year – Winter Wonderland Night Market at the Shops
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Winter Wonderland Artisan Market at the Shops returns
- Holiday-themed friends can be found around Uptown handing out candy canes
- Saturday, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Stitch ‘n Kitsch Craft Market at First United Church
- Saturday, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Visit with Santa as he strolls around Waterloo Public Square
- All weekend:
- Special promotions by Uptown businesses
- Wonders of Winters exhibit at Waterloo Park
- Annual Winter Art Walk – windows of Uptown businesses painted for the holidays by local artists
- Uptown LED street lights lit with special holiday themes