Nothing helps to beat those winter blues like comfort food! Back by popular demand – albeit slightly modified – is the annual Uptown Comfort Food Crawl.
Kicking off with the start of Winterloo this past Saturday, 2021’s Comfort Food Crawl includes yummy culinary options from nine Uptown restaurants. Instead of the traditional sampling tour around Uptown Waterloo, each item will be available to order for delivery or curbside pickup and Food Crawl partakers will have until February 21st to try them all.
New! After trying at least three of the nine tasty grub samples, Comfort Food Crawlers are asked to visit the Uptown Waterloo Business Area (BIA) website (be sure to scroll down the page a bit to find the poll) and vote for their top three choices. Once they’ve voted, they’ll be entered into a draw to win one of three Uptown Dollars prizes – $100, $50 or $25
“It’s a deliciously fun way to support our local, Uptown restaurants,” shares Tracy Van Kalsbeek, Executive Director of the Uptown Waterloo BIA. “And, you have four weeks to try them all! I don’t know about you, but I’m sure looking forward to having dinner delivered to my door a few times over the next month!”
- Score Pizza – Uptown Signature pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, bacon, roasted garlic, sautéed mushrooms, green peppers and a barbecue drizzle
- Ethel’s Lounge – pulled pork grilled cheese and cup of daily soup
- Kentucky Bourbon & BBQ – smoked bacon Mac ‘n Cheese
- Prohibition Warehouse – grilled cheese and smoked tomato and roasted red pepper soup
- Beertown – fish tacos
- Proof Kitchen + Lounge – Mac ‘n Cheese with squeaky local cheese curds with Grana Padano and herbed breadcrumbs
- Masala Bay – butter chicken
- Just Love Pie – chicken pot pie
- Taco Farm – Birria tacos
Vote for your favourite HERE!