Back by popular demand – after a hiatus in 2020 and slightly modified for 2021 – is the annual Uptown Summer Solstice Crawl.
Kicked off this past Saturday on Father’s Day, 2021’s Uptown Summer Solstice Crawl includes “summery” culinary menu options from 14 Uptown restaurants. Instead of the traditional sampling tour around Uptown Waterloo, each item will be available to order via patio dining, takeout or delivery and Food Crawl participants will have until July 18th to try them all.
“Solstice Crawlers are encouraged to enjoy some or all stops on the crawl and vote for their winning dish,” shares Tracy Van Kalsbeek, Executive Director of the Uptown Waterloo Business Improvement Area. “Voters will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of three prizes of up to $100 Uptown dollars. It’s a deliciously fun way to #chooselocal.”
- Arugula Salad at Prohibition Warehouse
- Summer Solstice Pizza at Score Pizza
- Blueberry Shortbread Squares at Dana Shortt Gourmet & Gifts
- Pie Milkshake at Just Love Pie
- Cider Brined Turkey Focaccia + Fries at Proof Kitchen & Lounge
- Taco Feast at Taco Farm
- Watermelon Salad at Kentucky Bourbon & BBQ
- Dawg Bites at Jane Bond
- Princess Peach on the Beach cookie dough at Crumby Cookie Co.
- The Big Marc Burger at Princess Café
- Summer Fruit Gazpacho at Sole Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Scoop of the Day at Scoop Du Jour
- Rami’s Giant ½ Pound Mozza Sticks at Revive Game Bar
- Smashed Lamb Burger at Beertown
Vote for your favourite HERE! In addition, Summer Solstice Crawlers are encouraged to share about their tasty crawl adventures by posting photos, tagging restaurants and using #uptownsolsticecrawl. Looking for other tasty ways to support Uptown businesses? Check out the Uptown Patio Map, Chocolate Trail and Taco Trail.