Hughes Lane Art Walk
The Hughes Lane Art Walk is created in partnership with the Uptown Waterloo BIA, City of Waterloo and local artists with funding from RT04’s Shareable Moment Challenge grants. It builds upon the existing mural project located on the side of the Uptown Waterloo Parkade. The Hughes Lane Art Walk supports the goals of the Uptown Public Realm Strategy as well as the City of Waterloo Culture Plan. Artists were invited to submit their proposals through an open call competition run by the City of Waterloo. The submissions were juried based on the quality, aesthetic appeal and connection to participating businesses (listed below). The doors were completed in mid-August of 2020.
Participating Uptown Businesses and Local Artists:
- Marbles – door artist Lucy Bilson
- Hustl+Flow – door artist Jackie Levitt
- Zero Waste Bulk – door artist Nikolina Kupcevic
- 21 Fir – door artist Luke Swinson
- McCabe’s – door artist Kat Hernden
- King Street Trio – door artist Andi + Co
- Bud & Sally Cannabis Co. – door artist Tara Cooper
- Patent Social – door artist Jason Panda
Learn more details about each piece in the Fall 2020 Upbeat Visitors’ Guide or watch the video below.
Hughes Lane runs parallel to King St. South in Uptown. It runs between William St. and Willis Way and picks up again on the other side of the Uptown Parkade and runs to Erb St. See a map here.